• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for pics of 887 Contact truck body

dilvoy

Dang! I just chopped up the aluminum body and took most of it to the scrapper. I got $350 for it. I did keep the rear doors that have George W Bush Diesel and Truck Repair stenciled on them and I still have the Generator/Welder with the four Cyl Wisconsin engine in their cradle and the part of the utility body that they slid into. The engine had a carb fire and they removed the carb and probably threw it away and then the vehicle was surplussed to me. The wires and dist cap were burnt as well. Too bad you two are on each extreme end of the Nation from Me. My vehicles are located 50 miles North of San Francisco.

dilvoy

emmado22, I might have that door. I was digging around the other day and I found a door. I remember taking off the tall left door a year ago, so that must be it. I'll look at it again this weekend to be shure. I think it is slightly bent. If you want It, you can have it for free. I think Greyhound would be the cheapest way to ship it. Are you in need of the generator/welder?

pics of inside

Another post was talking about the M1031 Chevy version. GL had some pics of the inside on the auction listing.

The compressor and tanks are on the left side of the cargo box, the big grey thing in the middle is the PTO to operate both the genset and the compressor. The genset control panel is seen from the back in the shot with the hanging torch set.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks