• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

non collapsable hose suggestion?

Milkman357

My WMO pump works great until the suction hose collapses...

Any suggestions? There is a hose used in firefighting.... but I'm looking for something to buy locally....

dozer1

I see you are in Iowa. If there is an ag-chem (spray) equipment dealer in your town or area, they would have many choices of suction hose to choose from.

stump

I use a 1/2 inch metal pipe thats 4 feet long screwed into my pump. You can lower it into the waste oil as far as you want and keep the water and crud out.

Nonotagain

My WMO pump works great until the suction hose collapses...

Any suggestions? There is a hose used in firefighting.... but I'm looking for something to buy locally....

I have a bunch of sections of hoses intended for use on a trash pump/water pump. They are approximately 15' long and have quick disconnects on each end, one male and one female.

They are 1 1/2" diameter. Also have the pump which runs on 208, 3 phase juice. Make me an offer and they are yours.

Monty

Tactor supply, Farm and Fleet or a Grainger will also have what your looking for. You can look up on line for what you need at all three Grainger may give you a few more options though.

Good shopping and post what you decided to use.

Chad

Milkman357

Temporay fix.

I needed the pump Tuesday so I made a temp fix...

that water piping they use instead of copper pipe in new homes.... I picked up a small section of it and inserted it into the hose I was using...

I forgot about Grainger....

and the metal pipe is a good idea... just to awkward I'd think.

With my set up Id still need a flexible section anyway.

I'm using and old electric motor to spin a Chevy small block oil pump....it spins at 1700 rpms according to the info on the motor. I think I want to slow it down some too...that would help.

Milkman357

temporary fix

I would consider it a temporary fix.... I'm not happy with the bend radius... I'm thinking of cutting the water line into 1/2 inch pieces... then inserting into the clear tubing, leaving at least 1/2 space between pieces. This should keep line from collapsing from suction and give me some added flexibility where I need it.

I think my biggest problem is 1700rpms is kinda fast to be spinning the oil pump.... seems to cause to much pressure.... I'm looking into slowing down my motor now.... I might have togo a pulley driven oil pump.... that just means more $$ but might be better in the long run.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks