• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Euc for engine purchase?

crownjewel4

I just bid and won three 6.2L Diesel engines out of Mechanicsburg on the 6/10 Auction.

I can not for the life of me figure out why GL requires submission of an EUC for these items.

Anyone have a clue.

Also,
They appear to be take outs with what appears to be multiple new parts. I got a great price on the lot of 3, 2 of which come with engine containers that I will sell locally. Does anyone have any insight on the history of these engines? I hope to have at least 2 in good shape. One will be installed as soon as possible in my M1028. The vehicle came out of Fort Meade, and was listed as "will not start". The reason it will not start is it has a rod through the oil pan. UGHH! It is, however, perfect body, zero rust, just the dreaded forklift of death on each side that will be fixed after I get the engine installed.

Any details on these engines that I purchased is appreciated.
Also,
Why the EUC?
I attached pix of 2 out of the 3 engines, and my M1028 they will be getting implanted in.
Thanks all,
:|

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not GL requiring it. It was the person that coded the equipment at turnin. I have seen canoes and john boats requiring EUCs. Just grin and bear it as it was stated as part of the auction when you bid.....:grin:

Alredneck

Banned
We bought 24 Humvee motors out of OH and had to do the EUC. It comes with the territory. If you have filled a EUC out before it will just lower the time it takes for the next one.

powerhouseduece

I just bid and won three 6.2L Diesel engines out of Mechanicsburg on the 6/10 Auction.

I can not for the life of me figure out why GL requires submission of an EUC for these items.

The vehicle came out of Fort Meade, and was listed as "will not start". The reason it will not start is it has a rod through the oil pan. UGHH!

Because the 6.2's and 6.5's are the only bombs GL is allowed to sell. Just drop one in the truck and let the motor blow up on its own. :roll:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be aware of one thing. Those are HMMWV engines, and uncle did not go through the 2 day azz ache of swaping an engine out and in a HMMWV just for the fun of it. At the very least I would ground hop it in the can for obvious issues like knocks, and do an oil analysis.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a campaign to repower HMMWVs with 6.5s. A flood of engines came out after that, many at Ft Campbell KY. If you have some of those, you may had good engines, if not then as NDT said, there was probably a problem with them. If you are not familiar with ground hopping, its just running it in the can prior to install to make sure it works. Remember, these are 24V engines and the solenoids on the IP require 24V to work. Also as a note, the right rear mount in the engine can needs to modified to bolt on a starter for ground hopping. You can swap all of your accessories from the ventilated 6.2 to the HMMWV engine providing they run OK. I would also do a pressure check of the cooling system before install. May run fine but have a blown head gasket. Good luck. BTW, thats a nice looking 1028.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks