• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna Mount??

willy

Radio

I have the proper mount fvor a deuce
It sits over the vent on drivers side
Then you mount the antenna mount (sugar scoop) on to it
So you can pull your antenna back wards while driving
$35.00 plus shipping
Willy :)

CGarbee

RE: Radio

I'd like to have one of those mounts as well if you've got more than one... Do you get any interference between the antenna and a West Coast mirror setup?

Most of the mounts that I am used to are fitted to the bed or the front of the passenger fender, but I've got a dropside bed and don't want to have my antenna too close to my convoy lights (which will happen if I mount to the front of the bed) and I don't like the idea of climbing over the mount when I step from the bumper onto the fender when servicing the engine...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mount over the vent was primarily used on tractors and dump trucks. There was also a bedside mount as well as a behind the cab mount. I bought a complete dump truck radio install kit from Tacticaltruck a few years back. It had the MT1029 and the sub plate that bolts to the floor, all cables and a nuts and bolts. Jeff may have more of them. The only problem I could see with the install was 1) the vent wouldn't open all the way, 2) there's no practical way to tie the antenna down. Attached is a pic of the common VRC-12 install with the sugar scoop and the MX6707 base.

Attachments

willy

mount

Hi kennet,
Why would you spoil some ones selling a mount.
Lets be possitive if the men want a mount do not tell him it is not proper.
I like the mount over the vent it is out off the way and does not interfere with the vent.
Willy

CGarbee

RE: mount

I'll just pop in and include that since my duece is a dropside (M35A2C), putting the mount on the side of the bed is a little impracticle...
I'm still studying options... I know pretty much where I don't want it, just havent really decided where I do...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I saw a dropside that had it on the right front fender....don't know if that's correct, but I have seen it in other places that way....it's in my photobucket account

CGarbee

Yeah, I've been thinking of that one too, but you've got to crawl around it when you work on that side of the engine (not that I plan on spending that much time there, but recently, I have been....belts, hoses, adjusting the alternator, etc...).

The back of the cab similar in location to the mounting that Bjorn has on the cranetruck would work, but last time I had a whip mounted that close to a convoy light, I got electrical noise and could hear the stobes in the radio...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

You make 2 very good points, Mr. Garbee

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Cabell, couldn't you install the mount in its "normal" location on the bed side and simply unscrew the antenna part when dropping the side? Isn't there space for the mount or would it hit something? Just a thought...

willy

mount

Hi,
No it does not and it does not interfere with the vent either
It was disigned by the Military
Welding it to the bumper was not
And the mount on the fender is not for PRC-25 or RT 524
I have the base it was for a high freg radio.
Willy :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks