• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original Jimmy Hand Crank

Please does anyone have a pic from the original long shaft hand crank (with winch) to start the engine manually....could not find anything at the web.I build the hand crank by myself and the bracket with hole for the front bumber which is often missing...The hand crank was std.equipment for every CCKW, wondering staying not in the manual at tool and assesory list.Where was it stored at the truck and was they often used, winter time?Not a good construction that you must turn of the winch cable completely to use the hand crank

paulfarber

The starting starting crank and bracket are kept in the tool compartment (the one in the back of the bed under the tailgate).

The TM9 lists part number GM-2147197 for the non-winch crank and GM-2147196 for the winch version.

Only difference is the length.

Its on page 24 of the 1944 TM9-801

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your Jimmy has to be in perfect running condition to be able to hand crank it. I've done it a few times just for fun and it's not very easy. You have to kick it over really fast with 3/4 of a revolution and it will catch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks