• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacement seat

ldj1002

M274 seat

What kind of seat can I get local that will work till I can get correct seat. Anyone have a decent/repairable seat for sale

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd either send a pm to SS member "Charlie" or call Bill Watson ( OpenDNS ) .

I don't know what kind of a non correct seat you could use-Mule seats are pretty specific.

ldj1002

Just talked to a guy close by that has some military surplus. He has some LTV seats that he thinks might be able to make work. I haven't heard of LTV. He said they were a newer military truck and that the seats are low. That is why he thinks could make work. I can't find a photo of the seat. Can someone send a photo or a link to the seat?. Is it possible that could work. They are cheap enough

Varyag

I know you can get a standard military seat cover from Saturn for around 13 bucks right now. I bought 2 of them and they look like pretty old surplus but work really well. I redid my spring seat cushion in my deuce with one. I bet you could make it work with a mule pretty well if you have any kind of frame at all.

Ohh yeah, they will make your truck smell freaking awesome.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll try to attach a file here--the pic shows a lineup of mules in the neighborhood, and the one in the foreground uses a plastic molded chair seat, bolted to a sheet of 5/8" plywood cut to fit the deck. This works extremely well, and also protects the deck. This particular mule (an A3 model) is used daily, and this seat configuration has been on it for at least 6 years. Hope this is helpful.

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hurts the heck out of your back!! The plastic-seat-bolted-to-plywood is truly a winner for a working mule (see our posts above)2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks