• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 months after I drove it home

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, finally figured out how to post a pic, higher res. equals more pixels! Here it is, 3 months after I drove it home. New master cyl, rebuilt air pak, re-set overhead, new top and touch up on the paint, and changed fluids. Still needs a t-case, sprague type now, works in reverse but not forward, and troop seats..picking them up next week..hopefully

Attachments

Deuceswild

Looks Great, I really like the camo colors and pattern. There is always something to do to the Deuces, but the work and effort you put into them is given back to you the minute you sit behind the wheel :p

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same colors as it was when i got it. Sat for 8 years in a school/police yard. As far as I can tell, this is the 3rd coat of paint, the original OD, the cammo on top of that and the coat I put on. Not a bad deal for 200.00! I agree, the minuite you sit behind the wheel is the best, all the kids love it. I wish there was a way to find out by the ID numbers, where it was stationed or where it served. This is turning into a very fun hobby!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a screamin deal at $200. Haven't got deals like that since DRMO days. Love it! Also note the correct placement of the flag!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to Kenny for tips on flag placement. Well, I paid $600.00 for a lot with 3 items, This truck with a water buffalo behind it and a 4000# Hyster forklift. I originally wanted just the f-lift for my bro-in-laws boat repair business in Lake Havasu. Got the truck with the f-lift. I know a guy who is restoring a ghost town somewhere up in the Owens Valley I think, and he was interested in the buffalo for fire water storage, tried to sell it on e-bay...think I started too high, so I ended up selling it to the ghost town guy for $350.00. I just figured 3 big items, $600.00, just split the costs up..$200. each, that's what my Bro-in-law paid me for the lift, but I guess if you do the math, it only really cost $50.00 for the truck. Wait till I tell my wife, she thinks it was $200.00 too much..Women!\
There is a sticker on the drivers window. It came from ElToro DRMO.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm gnna go get some troop seats and an air t-case later this week, that makes it a 900.00 truck! Nope, don't think i wanna sell it, too much fun. Thanks for the offer.

Elwenil

I know what you mean. Eventually I will have one. Been seriously thinking about putting the M715 back together and sell it for a Deuce, but I still can't convince myself that I need something that big, lol. Once I get one though, I doubt I let it go, especially for a price like yours. That's almost unheard of these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks