• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many of us are going to haspin this year..

fredrader

Well I havent heard much talk about this years haspin trip and I was just wondering how many are going for sure..I also wanted to bring the subject back to the top... :)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to make it. Have the days off already. Should be there fri, sat, and sun.
Dennis

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Westech said:
i will be there thursday night? but friday - sunday. maybe deuce but i might need to bum a ride.
I'll bolt one of my Mog radio box seats to the bed and you can ride Subaru Brat style :)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will bring the willys! And maybe a couple of crazy lawn mowers....

I would like to set up a good generator for the camp. Mine is louder than I would like, but big enough to run a couple of a/c's. Anyone got a quiet generator?

I was thinking of setting up camp in a corner somewhere, and maybe put up caution tape to keep the crazy locals out. Anyone for guard duty?

Hey RDD, do you how is your truck coming along? Haven't heard anything for a while.

Dennis

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Stretch44875 said:
I will bring the willys! And maybe a couple of crazy lawn mowers....

I would like to set up a good generator for the camp. Mine is louder than I would like, but big enough to run a couple of a/c's. Anyone got a quiet generator?

I was thinking of setting up camp in a corner somewhere, and maybe put up caution tape to keep the crazy locals out. Anyone for guard duty?

Hey RDD, do you how is your truck coming along? Haven't heard anything for a while.

Dennis
Glad to hear the Willys will make the trip. Don't forget to secure the towbar :twisted:

Setting up camp in a corner sounds good. As long as we aren't close to the dynamite guys I'll be happy. If it isn't pouring the rain that weekend we could set up just about anywhere. I think your genset will work just fine. I kinda like the noise as it helped drown out the clanging weather-caps on the cab trucks.

I'm all for some caution tape and standing guard. We can take shifts. Just give me and Jess a cooler to stand around and we should be good for a few hours. :)

Stretch, will your buddy be coming back this year and if so will he be shagging any of the locals again :oops: ?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My friend chris will be there, and single, so no local is safe! Talked to westech and he was trying to get the shelter area by the pond. I was thinking behind the pond there is an area that might work.
My Generator is 5kw, I am going to make a sound enclose for it. It's about as quiet as a 3600 rpm generator can get.
The poor jeep is coming back with all its war wounds, no time to fix it.
May bring my bus this time, not enough room in the deuce for everything.

Dennis

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sweet, can we go wheeling in the bus? Glad to hear Chris will be there. That way there will be at least 3 Chris's there again. Plus, there will be someone to stay with into the wee hours drinking beverages with me and Jess. :)

I sure hope we get more than 10 people to go this time. I'd like to make a real showing this year to scare the crap out of the rest of the rednecks.

I'll be hauling the Mog in behind my new to me 1995 Dodge sine the '04 went bye-bye. The Mog will have a rebuilt carb on it so the stalling and flooding issues should be history this time. I'll also have an air hose for my glad-hand so I can air those stiff-ass tires down too. I don't know if I'll be able to put a snorkle together in time for the Rally so I might not tackle that hole again ;)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the bus would be a good canidate for the off-road.... I have yet to take Kenny's suggestion to stick some 5 ton axles under it.

I would like to see a mess load of MV lovers there. Even if they just stop by for the day. I hope by bringing another vechicle, I can cut down on the amount of labor to pack everything. Me thinks I took too much stuff last time. Looking forward to it!

Dennis

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
As of today I will NOT be coming to Haspin. My vaca was canceled by the owner. yeah the guy who gets it going and really enjoys this cant go due to a owner being mad and acting like a 12 year old.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who do I have to hurt, maim, bribe, or kiss up to, to get your butt to Haspin, Westech!?!?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks