• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New russian stealth

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Appears less stealthy than a F-22. Too many straight flat surfaces. Probably some stealth based on material construction. Looks like a good target for an AIM -9....

Wrench Wench

And even the F-22 has been found to glow like a lightbulb in a cave in certain frequency bands. That thing must glow like a bonfire.

usafe7ret

Just because the peopl say it's "low-observable", don't make it so. But remember, these are the people who have the 5 year pogroms and keep making the same mistakes. If they say it often enough, it must be true....

It is good that they are building it for export, maybe they can loose a few more of the "best and brightest" of the muslim world trying to fly that thing....

CajunM35A2

We never should have stopped using F4 Phantoms...

We never should have stopped using F-4 Phantoms. Yes, upgrade it as the years went by, but it would still kick the behind of much of what is out there in bad guy air forces.

f4_b29.gif
I shot this photo in 1980. It is a Louisiana Air National Guard "Coonass Militia" F4C flying with the Confederate Air Force B-29 Superfortress "Fifi". I was in the rear seat of an F-4C.

f4b17fm2.gif
I shot this photo in 1982. It is a Louisiana Air National Guard "Coonass Militia" F4C flying with the Confederate Air Force B-17 Flying Fortress "Texas Raiders". Trailing is a beautiful FM-2 Wildcat built by General Motors. We were on final for a pass down the runway at NAS New Orleans. I was in the rear seat of an F-4C. After I made this shot, the F-4 that I was in moved up on the right wing and the FM-2 completed the diamond in the rear.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice fly-by but my last cruise in the Navy we had a pair of F-14s come by the ship on the deck and then pointed them straight up 'till they were barely visible.

I'm guessing their speed was just under supersonic.

As for the T-50 isn't that a stapler from Arrow? Just as invisible to RADAR.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks