• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch cable end replacement instructions

nickd

Does anyone have the instructions to install the adapter that goes on the end of the wire rope. A friend who will remain nameless ripped his off the end of his cable and will have to install a new one in a few days.

jasonjc

I just got a new end from esmet they were list in the old site as being an OEM for the military. I will try and find the and post them tonight

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Esmet. IIRC its the Electroline family of terminations. David Doyle did an extensive artice in MV Magazine a few years back and touched on these. I have one new one on the shelf along with w winch chain waiting on me tro replace the cable on the tractor. I have the big compression type end on the tractor now which is correct for the wrecker so it's going there. Still need one more NOS winch chain. Should have bought a bunch when Richard Greene had them fo $20.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

jasonjc

If anyone one needs anything for esmet let me know I'm a dealer for one of their other lines.
but I can get some stuff from the electroline also.They have an install tool for putting those end on the cable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks