• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Movie vehicle (CCKW) needed for next weekend in MD

jhooah

Passing this along, not likely to be a lot of $, but notariety is enough for some.
V/R W. Winget www.VMPA.us

Original Message:
I was given your name by a close friend of mine John Seburn in regards to a film project I am working on for PBS. I have been trying to find a WWII Deuce and Half for the production for the past two weeks without success and John suggested I ask for your help. I am in need of one for Sunday (July 11) at Ft Frederick State Park near Hagerstown MD. I do have a budget and will do all I need to get it here for the shoot. I can have a truck pick it up if needed. John Seburn suggested you might be able to send out an email to your group. This is a very important project on a group of African American GI's from the 333 Artillery Unit that were massacred by the 1st SS Panzer during the Battle of the Bulge. The film shoot should be very interesting for anyone who might enjoy attending, as we will be making it look like Winter 1944-1945 for the scenes. Not an easy task but I think we are prepared. If you could possibly send out an email to our group for me I would greatly appreciate it. I am very interested in learning more about your group as I have been doing Historical films for ten years and it is always good to find another contact for future filming requests. Please feel free to email or call me on my cell with any questions at 301-331-5341. Below is my office number, but I will not be in the office again until Tuesday afternoon.
Thank you so much in advance as I believe you may be my last chance in securing this for the production.

Historically Yours,

Russell E. Richards, Jr
CEO/President
Historical Entertainment, LLC
www.HETVFILM.Com <http://www.hetvfilm.com/> 1-877-HE4-FILM 1-301-241-3350

paulfarber

"Eleven of its soldiers became separated from the unit after it was overrun early on the second day of the battle. In an effort to reach American lines they made their way to the hamlet of Wereth, Belgium, where a farmer, Mathias Langer, sheltered them. However, later that day, a Nazi sympathizer revealed their presence to members of the 1st Waffen SS Panzer Division. They surrendered, but were taken to a field, where they were tortured, maimed, and shot on December 17th, 1944."

I can't see this being a good thing for WWII reeactors.. esp the German Historians. With any luck it will be done with respect for all involved.

Of course GIs *NEVER* killed POWs. :shock:

Good luck on your search... I wouldn't do it.

jhooah

Of course it could also be that if someone with a CCKW doesn't do it, you'll see a M35.... just like many movies that can't source the right stuff.

I wasn't researching/advocating or anything other than passing the opportunity for a collector to get their vehicle in a movie. I personally had my Artillery in Legends of the Fall..(Brad Pitt) ....I hated the movie when it finally came out.... I walked in the parade in one down South that ended up being a Wife Beater Story (Dennis Hopper/Paris Trout)....another looser of a movie, but that was what the production was making at the time.
Anyway, better to have someone attend that may point out the error of their ways...
For what it's worth.
V/R Winget

paulfarber

Most people may just want to be in a movie... like it means something to get a prop credit (i doubt if you would even get that).

But the larger implication is that PBS is known for its bias and I cannot see this effort not suffering from the bias of the people paying the bills.

We are in the middle of a heat wave in the NE. It was 100+ in PA. The idea that they can make MD look like winter, 1944 when its 90+ deg outside does not bode well for the actors.

I hope they make a good documentary... problem is from the post above they never USE the term documentary, or the phrase historically accurate. :-?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks