• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dual M60 machineguns

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any close up detailed pics of any dual M60 gun mounts? I've seen a few original pics of twin, side by side M60s, but nothing close up. Just want to get an idea how they are mounted.

Driver523

Here is a little different shot of a twin mount---I think they are the same ones that Eve had on it for a bit------twin M-60 mount-----Eve had em front right corner----Driver

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first pic in the latest post is kinda good, all the rest are too far away. Thanks, though,

Was hoping to come across a gun nut who has a pair mounted present day in his Class III collection.

David_4x4

I have a friend that did this:

-Drill stem welded to metal plate for base
-The top of the stem was a fabbed up T section that had vertical posts on each end.
-The top of the ends of the T, he welded in pintle sockets.
-He can either then run 2 M142 cradles for both 60s or use 2 UPA/.30 pintle/platform mount.

Im not sure if this is remotely close to what they may have jimmyd up up nam, but it's stout and its hold his full auto pigs accordingly.

I also have a photo that I can try scanning of a piece of pipe with a piece of plate steel welded on top. Then 2 .30 pintles cut and welded on the top of the plate steel with platform mounts then attached to the pintle.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks