• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another WC52

panzerbob

I was showing pics of the WC52 that our reenactment group is restoring to a buddy and he said, "want another one? I have one out in back of my place."

It cost me 2 cases of beer, but I now own my own 52

The good: running engine all combat rims fairly intact cab, with working winch

The bad: No bed. The farm that owned it took the bed off put on a flatbed.

So a few options
1. find a bed
2. turn it into the command car my wife wants.

what is the possibility of finding command car body or a new bed. Or does anyone else have an interesting variant that used something other than the standard be that I can make?

I know I need to post pictures, but I cut the deal and then had to run back to work. For some reason the Army thinks that me getting its trucks running are more important than working on the 60 year old army trucks I own, go figure!

Eric's hifim37

That's the problem with the 3/4 ton, no bed. Most of the ones found have no beds anymore. The later 3/4 tons have beds made mostly of wood and these trucks were the ones that mostly stayed in the States because they were not as needed over seas due to the war ending in Europe, the earlier all steel bed 3/4's went over seas. I have 2 trucks that have no beds, as far as making one into a command car ? that is doable if you can find the rear body & gas tank, the cowls will work if you don't care about the volt gauge.
Good luck with your new toy !

68427vette

you wont find a good CC body thats not cut. wc51 52 55, rear bodies , come up every now and then. call john bizel, at midwest military, he may have one, i'd start the restoration,(lots to do), and look for the bed in the mean time. one will pop up,, good luck,, go to the:

wwiidodge forum,
ww2dodge.com Forum • Index page

and or g503 sites/ dodge section,
http://www.g503.com/forums/

or the PW forum,
Dodge Power Wagon Forum #334

register,, and post your questions

do you have the t214 motor?data plates?

Registy Help

T137 Dodge Power Wagons

there are at least 3-4 different versions of the bed

jc

JeepMan

Depending on YOUR planned use, how about doing something like putting a nicer stakebody/flatbed w/troop racks or something on it?? Something on the idea of being able to use it in a "conflict" but you can still carry "troops" ,supplies (read beer and brats!!) and use it as a everyday driver as well !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks