• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swamp ghost B17

raeme

Does any body know if any of the crew or relatives wish to be contacted? My friend has the gauges and first photos when he found the plane in the grass in the early 70s. Then the whole plane had not be touched.
raeme.

raeme

B 17 Swamp Ghost

If you want I can get my mate that first found it to contact you. leave your e-mail address in a PM to me. He still has the coffee thermos and lucky strike butts out of the ash trays.
raeme.

JungleBiker

Man, I was never so happy as when they successfully managed to get that thing out of here. WWII wrecks here are slowly being destroyed through stupid vandalism. Nobody really protects any of that stuff, but when somebody comes along who wants it, then all **** breaks loose. I salute those guys who got the Swamp Ghost out. Kudos for sticking to it.

When they pulled that thing out of the swamp it still had the .50's on the belly turret, although all the others had been removed by either the Aussies or the PNG defense force years ago. I saw photos of the belly turret guns after the PNG Defense Force confiscated them in Lae--they looked great, still had the bluing on them and all. Amazing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks