• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 help needed for trailer without year or make, and 2 models #'s....

keithf

Hi experts, I'm applying for my first SF-97 - would appreciate a pointer as I don't want to mess it up filling it in - I read thru the other posts and did not see anything on trailers that helped.

I need help with VIN, model, year, and make.

My trailer has 2 data plates. The frame one is for a M116A2. The box one is for a M101. They are blank except for a 5 digit serial #.

For the VIN, should I use the 5 digit serial # from the data plates?

For the model, should I use what the listing and paid in full invoice says - M101?

For the year should I use 2000 or 2002 from the NSN info - see below?

For the make should I use Schutt Industries, or Turtle mountain, from the NSN info - see below?

Thanks! Keith

Here is the NSN info for my trailer from the govliquidation lot page:

Welcome Government Liquidation User!

NSN INFORMATION 2330-01-102-4697
INC: 12980 ITEM NAME: TRAILER,CARGO FIIG: T277-C
CRIT X TIIC 4 RPDMRC 3 ADP HMIC N ESDEMI PMI A​

MCRL INFORMATION 2330-01-102-4697 Part No.RNCCRNVCRNFCSADCDACCAGEName
M101A2 5 1 519207US ARMY TANK
8750053 3 2 1 219207US ARMY TANK​

ML-C INFORMATION 2330-01-102-4697
SASOSMCDUIQUPAACSLCRCCIICPrice
DF FLZ --V---V EA 1 J 0 U U 3,894.00
DA AKZ KL1PHN- EA 1 A 0 U 3,894.00
DN R41 2C--AH- EA 1 V 0 D U 2,251.00​

Procurement History Information 2330-01-102-4697
DateContract No.SOSQtyPriceUICAGEVendor
2002/01 DAAE0702CS037 AKZ 25 3,397.18 EA 62239TURTLE MOUNT
2002/01 DAAE0702CS037 AKZ 25 3,397.18 EA 62239TURTLE MOUNT
2000/09 DAAE0700CS076 AKZ 41 2,077.89 EA 1CSL0SCHUTT INDUS​

Technical Characteristics ( ILs ) 2330-01-102-4697
MRCRequirementReply ATYX CAPACITY RATING 0.75 TONS
FEAT SPECIAL FEATURES 2 WHEEL W/E​

VENDOR INFORMATION CAGE: 19207
Co.Name U S ARMY TANK AUTOMOTIVE COMMAND AMSTA-IM-MM
Address 11 MILE RDCity /State /Zip WARREN, MI 48397 Country UNITED STATESPhone SIC Formerly FORMERLY U S ARMY TANK-AUTOMOTIVE MATERIAL READINESS COMMAND TACOM Type A Affil Size N Pri. Bus. N Woman N Type Bus N Replaced CAGE: Assoc. CAGE: OE Status A CAO S2305A ADPP HQ0337​

VENDOR INFORMATION CAGE: 62239
Co.Name TURTLE MOUNTAIN MANUFACTURING COMPANY
Address HWY 5 WCity /State /Zip BELCOURT, ND 58316-0770Country UNITED STATESPhone 701-477-6404 Fax 701-477-3948SIC 3324 Type A Affil Size A Pri. Bus. J Woman N Type Bus N Replaced CAGE: Assoc. CAGE: OE Status A CAO S2401A ADPP HQ0339​

VENDOR INFORMATION CAGE: 1CSL0
Co.Name SCHUTT INDUSTRIES OF CLINTONVILLE WIS. INC. DBA SCHUTT INDUSTRIES DIV SCHUTT INDUSTRIES OF CLINTONVILLE WI INC.
Address 185 INDUSTRIAL AVECity /State /Zip CLINTONVILLE, WI 54929-1164Country UNITED STATESPhone 715-823-8025 Fax 715-823-8027SIC 3444 Type A Affil Size A Pri. Bus. J Woman N Type Bus N Replaced CAGE: Assoc. CAGE: OE Status A CAO S1403A ADPP HQ0339​

blybrook

Use the information that is on the data plate that is on the frame. The serial number should match between the frame and the box, but it's the frame number that is inspected (99% of the time).

Use the model number shown on that same data plate, if present.

I would go with the Turtle Mountain information that is shown below, but if it is on the data plate, use that information.

HTH

keithf

Appreciate the reply!

Both data plates are blank (no fields are filled), except for the 5 digit serial #. Do I use the 5 digit serial # as the VIN?

Or, is the 14digit DTID I found in the description of the NSN the VIN:
TRAILER,CARGO
[SIZE=-2]DTID:[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]W81NAX93237421 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Manf: U S ARMY TANK AUTOMOTIVE COMMAND AMSTA-IM-MM U.S [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Part#: 8750053 [/SIZE]
If so, any idea where would I look on the trailer to confirm this 14 digit #?

Why Turtle? Why is a better choice than US Army Tank Automotive Command, or Schutt?

Thanks!

blybrook

Yes, use the 5 digits as the VIN. I have two trailers where the vin is only 3 digits & they differ only by the last digit (2 numbers separation).

Turtle Mountain is a common trailer manufacturer & should prevent delays in the creation of the paperwork. They mainly look at the VIN anyway.

I had one where I put the information that I found using the NSN on the auction page (put a Pribbs & year). They (GL) corrected this information to be a different manufacturer and clarified the year based on the VIN number.

HTH

Nonotagain

First off, don't pay any attention to the NSN number search which you performed. That search only listed companies which had manufactured trailers, not necessarly YOUR trailer.

The numbers which you MUST use are the serial number on the data plate attached to the frame, and the number should match the serial number in your GL invoice.

Makes no difference if there are only two digits listed, if that's what GL listed on the invoice, USE them as long as they match the trailer data plate. If they don't match, you should not have accepted the trailer.

keithf

Great! Ok, so I use my 5 digit serial # as the VIN , as that's what's on the data plate and the paid in full invoice.
I'll put down M101 as the model as it's on the paid in full invoice.
I'll put down Turtle as the Manufacturer.

What about the year - any suggestions?

Thanks!

jimm1009

keithf,

If your trailer is a M101 use that but if you have a 105 trailer then by all means use that model number.
The invoice is an informal document used to get it to you and off the base, etc.
The important documents are the SF-97, the bill of sale from GL to you, and the SF-97 reassignment and that the correct model and serial number is on that stuff.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Many MVers here to help you if needed.

jimm1009

PS: What state are you in? We may have some more clues for you on registration depending on where you are located.

keithf

Thanks for the info!

I'm in Texas - I called the local DMV office and they said I need the SF-97 and invoice from GovLiquidation, along with the 130U form from TXDOT, and photos of the tags which show the weights, to title it.

I have posted my info to Carnac's 2010 VIN thread - hopefully he can determine the year.

Thanks!

jimm1009

Actually I think that they are a little confused but that is o.k.
The reason for me saying this is that the SF-97 will show GL as purchasing the item from Uncle Sam and so at that time they (GL) are the owner.
What GL will provide to you that you will need is the bill of sale from them to you and the SF-97 reassignment form from them to you.
These documents are needed to show you buying it from GL and then the tranfer form legally moves the SF-97 to you in your name.
It will all come out in the wash. When you do the SF-97 request to GL you will also recieve in the mail the other documents from GL too as they alreay know that you need it.
In some states the SF-97 is not accepted so they actually put the trailer or truck in their name in a Florida title and then turn the notorized & signed title over to you with a bill of sale.
You should be o.k. though. Just triple check your numbers before sending in the request and it will be smooth sailing from there.
jimm1009

tblackbu_77

I need to piggy back this thread also. I have a trailer I got in May from GL. It is a M116 frame but the Army built it into a tool trailer. It has no data plate therefore it has no Mfg Yr, VIn etc. I need to get it titled.
My question, is a SF97 even going to help me ?

What should I do.

AceHigh

I need to piggy back this thread also. I have a trailer I got in May from GL. It is a M116 frame but the Army built it into a tool trailer. It has no data plate therefore it has no Mfg Yr, VIn etc. I need to get it titled.
My question, is a SF97 even going to help me ?

What should I do.
Here in WV you would probably be best to title it as a homebuilt trailer.

jimm1009

I recommend doing the SF-97 as the OMV or DMV will go with that information.
The question is how to find "that information".
I would research it and come up with the data that is good for you and then do the request for SF-97.
Once you provide GL with the data for the SF-97 that is more or less the gosple so get it the way you want it
and that will be it from then on. The state police in most states must verify the paperwork against the data plate but there are replacement data plates available and you can either hand stamp the data or have it engraved into the plate for about 10 to 15 dollars.
For a goofed up "soldier stamped" or damaged data plate it sure is nice to have an engraved one but that
if really up to you. The year is the hardest thing so make it match your truck if nothing else.
Good luck,
jimm1009

Last edited:

scranch18121

just to piggy back on this thread. If you are trying to get a title on a 101 trailer you may find it difficult no matter how much paperwork you have. Texas will not issue a title to any trailer with a GVWR of less than 4k. I have tried on 5 different m101a2 trtailers and they wont issue one. They will issue registration and tags.

Good luck.
SCRanch18121

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks