• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1946 wc-22?

hughscpa

I know very little about the early Dodges but did they make a WC-22 in 1946? If so what would something like this be worth? Here is a picture, it runs and drives but needs brakes. He does have th headlighs for it also. Thanks

Attachments

ETBaals

Wc22

Hi
Nice looking truck
That is a Dodge 1/2 ton WC, as you know
Dodge made these trucks in 1941 and 1942, your sis probably dated 1946 because that is the year is was first titled.
A WC22 would be a winch model, your truck appears to be a non winch, which could make it one of 3 trucks a WC3, WC13 or WC21
A WC3 would have small brake drums all the way around and civilian type guages, A WC 13 would have larger rear brake drums and civilian type guages, A WC21 would also have larger rear drums, but would have the standard 5 round millitary guages.
AS for price, with out knowing if it is the original engine T207, T211 or T215 or better pictures it is hard to tell
From what i can see iw ould guess at least $1000 if the body is somewhat solid
Feel free to contact me for more info
ETBaals@aol.com
Ernie

armytruck63

ET is right. These trucks were obsolete by the end of 1942 and were replaced by the 3/4 ton series. They are a quiet, smooth running truck with a nice ride. They don't like to go much over 45 MPH, but they are surprisingly capable off road. They have a non-syncro transmission, but you'll get the hang of that pretty quickly. Most parts are available through places like Vintage Power Wagons.

hughscpa

Thanks guys. I think I am going to pass on it for now, but I told the gentleman about the website and he may be posting it on here for anyone else that might be interested. If he doesn't, PM me as I have his number.

Thanks again for the help[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks