• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sand blast abrasive help

red devils dude

I got a small(50lb capacity) siphon feed sand blaster to do the nocks and crannies but I dont know any thing about blast abrasive I guess I need a
corse sand for removeing paint rust any help?

jasonjc

The corse the sand the bigger the nozzle. the bigger the nozzle the more air.I found a place on ebay that had adrasive with a link to their site that had alot of great info. I thought I saved it but I can't find now.
The bad thing about sand is the sica its cause lung cancer. tptools has a lot of glass beeds and other adrasives www.tptools.com

Jones

Remember that glass is just refined sand so you're no out of the woods on the silica concerns. Also, a thin layer of glass shot is just like walking on thousands of itty bitty glass balls... very, very slippery. Places out here have gone to ground walnut shells with pretty good results on vehicle sheet-metal where impact peening and heat build-up can lead to metal warping. Might check out ground shell as an alternate.

98hd

I'm using some stuff called black magnum for doing the inside and underside of a truck bed, and the bottom of the cab. The stuff is working really well and isn't making any noticeable heat. The place I bought it from said they use it on exterior sheet metal with great results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks