• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thievies

poppop

While checking out my 543 wrecker and the 813 cargo to see if a PTO on ebay would fit I made a shocking discovery. The 813 is under a shelter where we are slowly sanding it for a paint job. When ckecking out the transfer case to see if the PTO would fit I noticed that the speedometer drive had been removed. It worked when I parked it under the shelter. Last week some people came to pick up a tobacco combine that I sold on an auction. They asked where I got my trucks and mentioned they had some stuff that the forestery department had gotten for them. When we were through loading the combine I left first and drove slowly to watch my machine leave the farm. They did not come and I got on the highway and watched for a mile and still did not see them. I figured they were taking care of natures calls before they hit the road. Today I discovered the freshly removed part and drove the truck to make sure the speedometer did"nt work. They seemed like such nice people. Now I have to locate the parts to fix my truck. I guess this just proves you can't ever turn your back and trust everyone. Darn!!!!! This complicates life more than I would like to.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I never let ANYONE know where I live when I am selling something.

Last year, when I sold one of my Mopars, a guy came down from Ohio to pick it up and I had him meet me at a grocery store about 10 miles from my house. He saw my .45 under my shirt and asked me if I was paranoid....

"Nope......just prepared. Boy Scout motto you know......."

:)

FrankUSMC

I had the 6 volt battery stolen off my Allis Chalmers B model tractor at our church! I am sure the punk who took it just saw a car battery in his eyes. I told my church members I hoped he had to carry it a long ways to find out it would not start his car.
One of the few, Frank

derby

I hear you brother.a couple years ago my mother in law had a garadge sale ,and sold a used window air conditioner .the two guys saw that she had a hand cart and asked if they could use it to load it out to the street.being the nice (?) lady she is she agreed.never saw the hand cart again!! the worst thing is she sold the ac for ten bucks.just bought the hand cart for fifty.it is a shame the times we live in.when i was a kid ,we never locked anything (brutis our 110lb german sheppard may have had something to do with that).

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
One night I cought a teenager who had broken into about 10 cars in a neighborhood. He had cell phones, cd's, keys and a bunch of change. After we located all the owners/victims of the property, I used one of the camera phones belonging to one of the victims and took a picture of the kid in handcuffs in the back seat of the patrol car for the guy to keep as a souvenir. It was like one of those priceless comercials. Broken car window $200, stolen cell phone $150, being woken up in the middle of the night to see the scum bag who did this to you handcuffed in the back seat of a cop car going to jail,,,,,PRICELESS! We caught 3 of his friends in the same area driving a stolen car.

jasonjc

I use to have a real nice 1971 GMC 4X4 pickup But then I got sent to Ft. Bragg Last time I saw it. The MP's made me wait 6 hours to take the report 2 more but for they put it out on the air Guess they whatted they buddy's to have time to get away.

AMGeneral

One better,last fall someone broke into my M816 and stole,get this,1 old style 2 pin slave cable,my registration for the truck but not the tag and the extension cable for the small hand held trouble light.3 items that would do them absolutely no good unless they had a truck just like it !!!!Then again "meth" is quite a problem in my aera so people do strange things.Needless to say,changes my registration and tag and now all my trucks have a "220 volt" security system

AMGeneral

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks