• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What type of truck is this - Unimog??

garydee

I found this truck for sale - it's listed as a Unimog (but it's not a Mercedes). The owner said it's a 1961 French manufactured truck and is powered by a Flat-Head Ford engine. Any idea?

Attachments

garydee

Wow! After seeing a good picture of what these look like close-up, they aren't the prettiest girl at the dance for sure.

Says it runs fine but needs a distributor and wires, surface rust with a couple of smaller pinhole spots in the floorboard. Has title in hand. He was selling as a package deal (98 dodge 3500 diesel 24 v, 12,000 trailer and this truck) for $12,500. Said he would let the Uni go for $2,500.

Thanks for the info! - Garydee

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/1857492609.html

98 dodge 3500 diesel

sak00

Wow! After seeing a good picture of what these look like close-up, they aren't the prettiest girl at the dance for sure.

Says it runs fine but needs a distributor and wires, surface rust with a couple of smaller pinhole spots in the floorboard. Has title in hand. He was selling as a package deal (98 dodge 3500 diesel 24 v, 12,000 trailer and this truck) for $12,500. Said he would let the Uni go for $2,500.

Thanks for the info! - Garydee

98 dodge 3500 diesel

98 dodge 3500 diesel

So when are we going to go get? Huh, huh!

SixSpeed

Banned
I talked to the owner a while ago after seeing "Unimog" but then realizing it was a SUMB. Nice guy, and a very cool truck! Its juat an uglier Unimog 404, hah! $2500 is a great price! They are SUPER rare, even my foreign military vehicle standards (at least in the US)...

Either way, I'll take that Dodge 3500 too! :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks