• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep engine replacement cost estimate...

dcbrown

Hey guys!
I'm now done with my M37 and want to move on to another project. I have found a really clean 1943 Ford GPW. It's immaculate and original except that whoever had it, before the current owner, replaced the original motor with a Mazda 4cyl. He used it a lot for reenactments, etc and I'm assuming he just wanted something that was similar in size, but newer and maybe more reliable. In any case, he said it required almost no modification and a rebuilt original, or a new identical jeep motor could be popped in with little effort. I guess I'm curious if you guys know A) Are there any good sources for WWII jeep motors (rebuilt or new) in Oregon? and B) Does anyone have even a ball park estimate of what a motor and any related necessary accessories would cost? Thanks a ton fellas. Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks