• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian cf-18 crash pictures

Stan Leschert

Believe it or not, the ejection seat DOES work at low altitude.
The pilot walked away, but is afraid to show his head in the mess!
Something to do about jokes at his expense...
and failing to return equipment in the same condition in which it was signed out.

The way I see it, any landing that you can walk away from, is a good landing!
But then again, I was Army!

maynard83

No matter what the outcome of the post-crash investigation is, this pilot will more than likely never fly a CF-18 again. That is probably why he was hanging his head to go along with all the jokes from the pilot community. Not sure which is worse...

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can understand the pilot's reluctance to appear in the mess, Stan. Those boys can be vicious once you give 'em a bone to chew on.

I'm surprised that the Canadian Forces called it a "crash." The USAF has never suffered a "crash." We have had any number of "uncontrolled contacts with terrain," though. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks