• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primer pump leaking any ideas??

Steamynachos

Well I changed my fuel filter and tried to prime the fuel system as stated in the TM. well all i get is air in the line now it seems that my primer pump on the dash lets air into the line when I pump it :( does anyone know what size rubber grommets are on the pump I have some that looked right the but I cant get them to fit in the tube of the pump and it still leakes when I tried the next size down :?:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of engine is it? Can you post a pic of the priming pump. If it's a cummins 220, 749 or 855, it's only 2 o-rings on the shaft. Sorry, don't know much about the 5 ton, just clicked here by mistake, but i do know cummins.

70deuce

Repaced Cummins 250 primer pump O-rings

Finally had to replace the two O-rings on the dash mounted primer pump. Not the greatest pictures of the assembly but you can see why I had diesel dripping off the plunger. Note the O-ring split. 36 year old O-rings tend to do this. Very easy to replace. 5 minute job and cheap repair. The size of the rings are 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD x 1/16"wall. Got mine at Lowes # 0562. M809 Unit Maitenance TM 9-2320-260-20 page 3-62 shows how to dismantle it. !972 M818 was the patient.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks