• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

heads up!! warning!!

whyme

i know we cant speak of future auctions but i think this is ok so i will be general about the topic.

there has been alot of talk about preview vs. sight unseen bidding on GL. id like to make known that there is a particular site that is using the same pics for engine shots. nearly every item has the same picture(s) used for this. i couldn't tell if more are like this but seems each individual item has at least one or two specific and then the engine photo is the same in everyone.

seems some lazy employee is taking a shortcut. be informed. :!:

i dont know if i can disclose site information without compromising the forum rules so when a mod reads this let me know and i can add it later.

whyme

also seems a few of the pics are of incorrect lots. look close and the lot #'s dont match on them all.

i know there is a disclaimer but this is blatant laziness and i just dont wanna see anyone get screwed.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I hope anyone with money and a brain to bid on things realizes that. I agee , GL could do better but it goes back to what is the public going to do about it.
My friend got a truck from Butner, got there and it was a whole differnt truck . Jay

Flyingvan911

When I previewed the deuces in the lot I won mine from, I wrote down the lot number for each truck and and the s/n for the truck. I got in the cab of each truck and made sure the info was correct. That way I knew what truck was which and if the description was correct. I did my homework in a very scientific way because a deuce is a big item to have buyer's remorse.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know we cant speak of future auctions but i think this is ok so i will be general about the topic.

there has been alot of talk about preview vs. sight unseen bidding on GL. id like to make known that there is a particular site that is using the same pics for engine shots. nearly every item has the same picture(s) used for this. i couldn't tell if more are like this but seems each individual item has at least one or two specific and then the engine photo is the same in everyone.

seems some lazy employee is taking a shortcut. be informed. :!:

i dont know if i can disclose site information without compromising the forum rules so when a mod reads this let me know and i can add it later.
I think this is the correct way to get the word out on stuff like this. You didn't break any rules but I think you provided more than enough info for poeple to be on the lookout and catch it when they see it. [thumbzup]

drdstny

Banned
Another agreement here.

The only thing we can do, honestly, is read the text carefully, compare the text upon arrival, and hold them accountable to the letter. The only time a picture (or movie, scratch-n-sniff, audio file, etc) should be considered of any value is if the text says nothing but, "You get what's in the picture."

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to agree, no locations or exact lots. Good job! See, it all comes down to wording things properly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks