• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission oil cooler

Tony

Some time ago deuceman51 put in a piece about cleaning the sludge out of the trans oilcooler. He gave two options, one was to disconnect the 2 cooler line going into the oil pan assembly and remove the oil pan and clean, the other option was to remove the oil cooler cover,,when I looed in the manual and saw the entire assembly and what had to be done to remove the oil cooler , opted for the latter.
I removed the cover and like deuceman said , there was sludge in there, not really packed , but up to the bottom of the oil cooler assembly. I remove the sludge from under the assembly by inserting a hacksaw blade under the coler assy and moved all the sludge out . Then I decieded to flush it..I took my garden hose with a spray head on it and sprayed into the oil pan under the cooler assy, a lot of sludge cam out the drain, and when clean water came out , I put the hose up the drain and some sludge came out, then I put the hose bac and spray against the oil cooler assy until clean water came out the drain.
Put it all back togedether and now I'm ready to flush my entire coolant system. The most difficult part of the whole task was removing the drain plug. It was frozen on there and the square recess was rounded. It would not budge, after several attempts, I deceided to become a plumber..Used my pipe wrench to remove the plug. I replaced the oil cooler drain plug with the plug that was in the flywheel hsg, will replace that when I get a new one..Replaced all the copper gaskets

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks