• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Semi Rims

motorolanut

Just a dumb question here, Would the typical semi truck 22R tire and rim combo fit a M813A1?, They look like they would replace the widowmaker rims. :) :wink:

Jones

If you're talking the ten stud 5 ton full air brake axles; they're 10 on 11" centers. Standard ten hole Budd wheels fit them just fine. That's the set-up I'm running on the baby HEMTT.
Hope this helps.

Jones

I downloaded a drwg of the rim Oshkosh puts on the HEMTTs to the Tech Articles section. It's labeled 11"X20" (my mistake, should be 10"X20") Budd wheel for HEMTT. Looks like any of the ten hole rims the military is using on the 5 tons and up are the standard Budd pattern.

bcowanwheels

remember when you buy rims make sure you buy ball and seat rims where the lug nut go. the new style semi rims are hub piloted and just have 1 nut holding on 2 rims and there not interchangeable. also the new style is metric.
bob

Lax

Would the BUDD wheels work on a M35 that has been turned in to a Supper Single? I would love to get away from the slipt rim. Thanks. :shock:

M35guy

the M35 has a 6 lug setup instead of a 10, but you can still find rims to fit it, just a bit more challenging.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lax said:
Would the BUDD wheels work on a M35 that has been turned in to a Supper Single? I would love to get away from the slipt rim. Thanks.
ABSOLUTELY! That's what I'm running on my deuce. 22.5 wheel rims with six lug bud wheel. Then you can put almost any commercial 22.5 tires on them. The best part is truckers EXPECT a minimum of 100,000 miles on their tires. They EXPECT IT. THEY DEMAND IT. And the tire companies deliver it. Or they are not in that business any more.

On a side note, UPS trucks that run dual rear tires are running the 22.5 wheels on them. And UPS (at least here in Denver) changes the outside rims that bolt to the inside rims frequently. Check with a truck tire that services UPS company OR a truck salvage yard and I'd bet money you can pick them up cheap.

My Michelins have 30/32nd inches of rubber on them and I love them.

Not the best pix in the world, but...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4832&highlight=super+single

And here Glenn and I are flipping my hubs...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4755&highlight=super+single

hope that helps.

jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks