• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serial # question , again

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a Google search for "M151a2 serial number"

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many numbers in an AMG m151a2 serial number? Looks like we will have to make up our own.
Perhaps, a LEO can confirm this as several are on this list, but I think it is illegal to make up a VIN #. I am not commenting on you doing so, but I suggest you delete this thread as I sure would not want to comment about that in a public forum. Proceed as you wish.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For now, let's assume he is looking to make his own up, just for display purposes(shows).

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Nine digits, starting with a letter A-D, followed by 151, followed by five-digit sequence number - BUT, rather than making up a bogus number, how about trying to find the real number?

Best wishes,
David Doyle

combat32

Wish I could, this jeep is totally sanitized, I know it is an A2 and was an Air Force jeep at one time (sky blue under the cammo) but I am at a loss here as to finding the real serial #.Thanks for all the responses. Not trying to do anything shady here, just want to title and plate this jeep, I think I have found a way, Arkansas is not as tough as some states to do this.

Wolf.Dose

What was painted on the engine hood? The late series of the M151 (especially those with the insert for the front direction indicators, used the serial number also as registration number. Normally there should be one on the plates, however most the time by this and that way made unreadably. On the left side of the bell house cover there should be a pice of sheet metal welded om just below the seam of the sheet metal of the upper cover which carries the serial number. Just below the parking brake lever. If this part is missing, sorry, you are lost.
Wolf

cobra5

When you wrote sanitized do you mean it is totally sand blasted and naked? You mention blue paint under the camo and knowing this is an ex USAF jeep will help alittle. Do you have any idea as to the year or how to go about getting in the ballpark? Most will agree that the horn is the most reliable place to start because horns unlike other components don't get changed that often, unlike engines or transmissions. Anyway, there will be a data plate on your horn and it will have the date stamped on it. You can use this as a strating point. The A-2 has dished front fenders for the large turn signal lights. I'm assuming that you already know this. Now there were some early A-2's produced by Ford and they can be identified by the front fenders which are straight across at the bottom under the turn signals and the Am Generals produced there front fenders with a cutout or arch across in the same area. also earlier A-2's had BUDD numbers stamped on the firewall under the hood. The Air Force has a unique numbering system on their vehicles. Here's an example 72K 0123. 72 stands for year, K means utility vehicle, 0123 is the last four digits of the serial number. If you can find your year and manufacturer you can piece together a vin number. Of course you could just look for a data plate from a demilled A-2 and use it.

combat32

Thanks cobra, will look at the horn.By sanitized I mean no data plates at all, except one on the heater.It is an A2 so probably AMG.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks