• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV150 project, looking for some info

ou77kg

Getting a V150 back up and running for our agency and am looking for some help/info on a few things. This is one of the units that came back from Panama in 89 and then we acquired it from DOD through Red River Army Depot/Ft Hood a few years back. Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.

-Where can i locate the hull#/VIN for my V150?
-Looking for a set of Manuals (electronic preferably) for the V150. Anywhere to download these?
-It has a Detroit Diesel, any info available on this engine? Looking for stuff like part #'s, capacities, etc for my mechanic
-The port glass is toast, what have y'all used for replacement? Not necessarily needing it to stop .50cal rounds.......
-Anything helpful to know or advice for this project from someone who has been there/done that would be greatly appreciated. The V150 is in great shape and is remarkably complete, so at least that is a good start.

Thanks again,
Erik

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
The serial # (VIN) is located on the left front lifting ring, and the data plate. The V-100 data plate is by the shifter.

Someone here was just asking where to find the V-150 manual. Apparently they are hard to find. The V-100 manuals are easy. One just went on e-bay for 10 or 20$.

A few member here have posted their V-150/100 restoration details. The examples are outstanding. You might want to get in contact with them (via private message).

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cadillac-gage-v100/42362-lav-150-gwinnett-sheriff-swat.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cadillac-gage-v100/24162-v100-restoration-project.html

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks