• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 Inflatable shelters

Colorado_Ron

Anyone know much about these. Thinking of getting one and wanted to know more about them. How long does it take 2 people to set one up? How long does the inflation take? Anyone know where some are for sale at a good price? Comments, suggestions, imput??

Colorado_Ron

mcinfantry said:
its on a m105 trailer (2.5 ton trailer) and is 200sq feet, according to a goole search. its also high maintenance and takes a while to set up.......
Can you expand a little on the "high maintenance" part? How long are we talking about setting up?

RAFoster1970

ok wake up 7 year old thread. :D I've got one of these, just the tent and support poles.. honestly, if you are just setting up the tent and not all the air filtration stuff, it's not that bad to set up. I can dump it off my utility trailer and unroll it in 5 minutes. It blows up in about 8 minutes with a leaf blower, takes me about another 15-20 minutes to install the aluminum arches. I add a portable AC unit, indoor outdoor carpet, couple of air mattresses and some chinese lanterns and the fam and I go camping :) . It's about 240sqft with lots of head room, room for 3 queen airbeds, an 8 foot folding table, chairs etc. What's great about it is the shape. It's roughly square with about 8' of headroom in the middle. Doesn't stay tightly inflated but then again it doesn't have to.. once you've got the internal arches in place and have it guyed out it simply can't fall down. I pump it back up every couple of days and we're good. Now.. taking it down? Again I can do it by myself but that part is a royal PITA. I use a shop vac to suck it as flat as possible, then fold it into 4ths, then roll it up as tight as I can get it and secure it with ratchet straps wrapped round it. It's monstrous heavy, 2-300 lbs at least. I am not sure I can put into words how I get it back up on my tiny 3'x4' trailer but again, it's not that bad... the whole process to break camp takes maybe 3 hours. (alot of that is me taking breaks and drinking a beer or 3). A group of adults or a family with older kids would have no trouble using one of these for camping.. but if you wanted to set up the full rig, with the trailer, the air blowers, the foyer, and all that stuff.. that's not something you'd want to attempt without alot of help I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks