• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do you load your own avatar?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey rattlehead, I'll help you with the avatar deal but first tell me about the M45. What does it have for a bed? Curious minds want to know! OK, when you got to your profile look at the little window by the avatar. You can copy in a URL for a picture there and that will be your avatar. Yes, if you want to use a pic of your own stuff, you will need to have it hosted online. I use Photobucket as an online host for my pics!

Rattlehead

Thanks, I will have to look into posting pics online.

The "camper" is a water purification unit that has been stripped of all equipment. There are no furnishings/equipment in it at this time due to lack of funds. In fact I had to strip out the interior walls due to a water leak I found this spring, destroyed the insulation and the wood backed interior aluminum skin. I replaced all the closed end rivets in the roof, about 350 of them, and sealed each one with epoxy paint for added measure. Did get to use it this year for camping, but just threw in some cheap carpeting and an air mattress to get me by.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, am I good or what? I suspected that it was a purification unit. Those bodies are plenty cool with the opeining left side and a man door on the right. I'll bet alot of our listers has never seen one of those. I bid on 5 of them at Cape Canaveral many years ago! Does it still have the winch or did it get "Stolen?"

Rattlehead

It already had the winch when I bought it. I didn't know the water purification units existed either until I saw it one day. I had been drooling over the M109's with a camper project in mind for a couple of years, and definitely wanted a winch. When I saw this one, with winch, and the extra storage space over the cab and side opening, I just had to make it happen. Wasn't really the best time for me financially to buy one, but couldnt pass it up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks