• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 026 3kw

jrosbo

I have a little 3kw genset here that runs great with the exception of one small problem, it will dump a half quart of gas in the crankcase in 30 minutes of run time. Any ideas? The float and everything else on the carb seems to be working properly. When it is running it does not appear or smell like it is running to rich until the crankcase fills up with gas and the gas oil mix starts burning which makes for a good mosquito fogger. Is there anyway the gas can get straight from the pump into the crankcase?

mangus580

Yes, your fuel pump is bad, and leaking gas though into the Crankcase. Get a new fuel pump from Saturn Surplus, and you will be all set.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, the fuel pump is on top just to the left of the carb under a little sheet metal. They go west with the new gas easily. Saturn has them NOS cheap.

dg

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang it, I look really numb when someone else beats me to a reply. Back to typing shcool, I guess!

dg

jrosbo

Pump

Thanks guys for the info. I am learning about these things as I go. That little genset starts first pull everytime until the crankcase fills up then it won't. You take the plugs out and they are just soaked and the pistons are full of gas and oil and I mean FULL. You can pour the gas out of the plugs. Thanks again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, got manuals for the little guy? If not they are in the TM section of the site. One each for the engine and genset.

jrosbo

Manuals

I downloaded manuals off the logsa site but I could not find anything describing my problem. My printer is out of ink and nobody here local has my ink so I have to order it, but when it comes I am going to print the whole thing out. I just like the old fashion way of doing things. When you have a problem, grab the old paper version, head to the shop and try to fix it.

mangus580

On a 'pro-electronic' note, some of the PDF TM's are search able by keyword :) Not sure if the ones in question apply though. It is dependent on if they were scanned or electronically converted.

jrosbo

manuals

Not knocking the electronic route, just like the paper better. I just find it easier to sit the book on the fender, just kidding. I do like to have both versions though, I keep the paper versions in the shop and the other in the house and they both have there place. I can print another one if the one I have gets worn out. I can look things up when I am at home (it takes me a little longer) talking to someone or ordering parts or late at night when I am trying to figure something out. Also the paper version could come in handy if the enemy cut your supply line. Just kidding again.

mangus580

Yeah, I probably should switch to a paper copy when working on things..... I have a BAD story about using a laptop/tablet PC when working on a generator... rofl

Kenny knows all about it... ;-) I blame him!! :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not my fault Mike! I collect both versions of the TMs. When I'm faced with an area that I need the manual beside the item I'm working on, I just print the pertinant sections and go to work. No worried if they get all tore up, they just go in the garbage. On the other hand, I make copies of the wiring schematics and have them laminated. You can stick them to a fender or hood with magnets, works great.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
when I was working on the model A I copied and laminated entire chapters of a shop manual I had. covered maybe 70 square feet of the wall

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks