• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you Overkill375

CPT Daqs

I wanted to post a public thank you to Overkill375.

I purchased his truck he listed in the classified advertisement section here: M1009 2.5" Lift New 33's - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite (I felt safe posting the link because it is no longer for sale)

Overkill was polite and social on the phone - ****, I wish he was my neighbor, we hit it off well! Easy guy to talk to at the bare minimum! Though we lived in different parts of America, we held the consensus that your word was your bond. He sent numerous pictures and gave detailed descriptions of the truck.

With this in mind, I bought a one way plane ticket from Iowa to Montana. We had exchanged cellphone numbers and Overkill was even gracious and accepting as I communicated the approximate 7-8 hours of delay in flights - out o fmy control and his; regardless he didn't bitch at all. Notwithstandcing, Overkill was kind enough to meet me at the airport (in the CUCV) and off we went to his house. He helped me install a 12v socket for my GPS (otherwise I have no clue how the **** I would have found my way home...) A quick once over of the truck and an hour of conversation and I was on the road home. He offered a more detailed inspection, but I told him he struck me as a man of his word and I was satisfied. Not often in my life, less than I can count on one hand, have I given such trust to someone I barely knew. He deserved it though and certainly proved my judgement accurate - as the vehicle survived 1100 mile trip like a champ.

He was an honest guy. I don't know if he will be selling any other trucks, but I sure would do business with him again. We intend to keep in touch over email etc and I am pleased to have made his acquaintance. Based on my experience, I would give a very positive reference to Overkill. In my view, he went above and beyond what was required.

I did more than buy a new car - thanks to the networking and association of Steelsoldiers.com

Regards,

Daqs

post script - The only complaint I have is about Mapquest - the 12-16 hour drive they estimated was a grueling 24 hour drive - of that 24 hours, I slept 3 on the back seat at a rest stop. I drove one of these in the Army and remembered that back seat was comfy - still was in this brick with wheels too. It was hotter in Montana and South Dakota than it was in Iowa! Holy ****, it was so hot, I unzipped the fly on my jeans to get some ventilation in there, I nearly forgot what it meant to sweat your balls off as a literal and not a figurative statement until I took this trip!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site.

SS has a wealth of great members. It's a great community.

No pics of the road trip? You know what they say:

nopics

overkill375

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words and as a side note the buyer (CPT dags) did everything he said he would as well. He was a pleasure to do bussiness with and I would gladly buy from, or sell to him again. I hope the truck serves you well for years to come and YES IT WAS HOT. The vinyl seats make the heat extra nice. If you are at a point in your life where you need to sell a truck you like it is nice to have it go to someone who will use it. Enjoy!

CPT Daqs

Welcome to the site.

SS has a wealth of great members. It's a great community.

No pics of the road trip? You know what they say:

nopics
Sorry mate! I had photos on my phone and then lost the phone yesterday. I will at least get pics of the truck up! Or post the few photos if I recover the phone.

=)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks