• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1958 Borgward in "Panzer Grey"

Wolf.Dose

The trailer hitch of the Borgward B2000 is the Rockinger TK226A, good for 75 kg pintle load and a 2000 kg trailer. The bolt is 40 mm diameter, exact new 38.5 mm, the bore of the eye is 40 mm. The A stands for Handhebel abwaerts, which means handle downward.
This trailer hitch is normally the fire department trailer hitch, so your B2000 seems to have served as a fire truck. The German Army used the 1 t Rockinger siutable for the SAE J847 eye.
Wolf

rhinob

The trailer hitch of the Borgward B2000 is the Rockinger TK226A, good for 75 kg pintle load and a 2000 kg trailer. The bolt is 40 mm diameter, exact new 38.5 mm, the bore of the eye is 40 mm. The A stands for Handhebel abwaerts, which means handle downward.
This trailer hitch is normally the fire department trailer hitch, so your B2000 seems to have served as a fire truck. The German Army used the 1 t Rockinger siutable for the SAE J847 eye.
Wolf
That's quite possible, Wolf. When we ground down the paint to expose the various layers, we found first a tan primer, then a sort of grayish green (Bundesweher) then Red which seems to match RAL 3000. That would have made it a fire service vehicle, or Catastrophen or Zivilian Schutz? Anyway, it was silver when received as it was a balloon recovery vehicle from Bonn.

I'm very happy to have it on the Borgward as this will also pull my modified army trailer mentioned in a different thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks