• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 and 6.5 diesel engines from GL

biglerboyz

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to tell whether the engines listed on GL are good or not without installing them? I saw on some other posts that people were saying that they only buy the ones with green or yellow tags and that the ones with red tags need rebuilt. Does anyone have any information or tips on buying engines from GL? Thanks for your help!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only ones that I know were good were the 21 that came out of the Ft. Jackson Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School a few months back after they shut down the 6.2 engine part of the course. No miles, and probably less than 25 hours of run time. And that was only because I know the guy that hauled them to DRMO from the school, and he knew because he works there! Anything else, your guess is probably better than mine!

Tanner

If the engine is oily/dirty, and in a tote, it's probably time for a rebuild/re-manufacture.

You might get lucky & find one with some miles still left in it, but doubtful.

Are you looking for a 6.2 takeout?

'Tanner'

jwb79

well from what i know on the tags was in iraq we fell on a surplus of parts and had to turn the stuff in. the green tags r rebuild or new already never used. yellow was used or had minor problems and red it was scrap. that might have just been there for that purpose

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a crap shoot at best.
A friend bought this one and it turned out to be junk. Pulled the pan after taking it out of the can and found the results of #7 rod punching a window into the water jacket.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks