• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pics of m884

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Standard 318 leak

Front drive shaft removed requireing T-case to be in either High Lock or Low Lock

T-case linkage out of adjustment causing it to slip out of lock position, quick fix, tie it in place.

So did ya buy this thing or what?

Is the 24v generator still there on the drivers side of the engine?
Looks like most of the 24v stuff is still in place.
(24v only used for radio equipment)

As far as I know the M884 did not come with a tailgate ( I could be wrong tho)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking like someone made off with the 100A alternator from what I can see. Pity. Thanks for all the pics Joel. You didn't happen to take any pics of the sides of the truck did you? Like to get an overall view of it. Front drive shafts are still available NOS. I'm still game!

Elwenil

The coolant leak is no big deal. Most of the time it is just the little curved bypass hose that needs replacement. Sometimes it is the thermostat housing or the heater hose leaking down and pooling on top of the timing chain cover.

m880 unimog

that looks like a new truck compared with the rotten lumps i am dealing with here.but they rise again!
my M884 came with a tailgate,but i can see most are set up for the shelter.mine came from USAF-

so the 24v alternators are rare then ?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen a stencil put on the front bumper of the NSN of the vehicle, that's pretty interesting.

Nice looking truck, you have a good starting point...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks