• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HUGE Military Vehicle auction in Nebraska June 29th 2006

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Salvage yard going out of business, looks like they had at least enough sense to auction off the vehicles rather than chopping them up. Dozens, if not hundreds of military trailers, 2.5tonners, 5 tonners, M715 series, M37s, etc. Lots of mil items that we all would love to have!

A lot look like they are parts units, but I've been to a similar type of auction, and the prices are VERY reasonable, barely over scrap value. Might be a good place to pick up some neat finds!

http://www.stockauctionco.com/sklenar.asp

Wish I could go...Virginia is way too far away.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooooooooooof! Joel, can you bring that dumper back when you get all the M135 wheels?

citizensoldier

Holy cow!!!!

That is a gold mine! Anybody from Michigan thinking about bidding or buying any of this stuff? I am going to have a Five ton M51A2 hauled back from Page Nebraska and would like to try and buy some of this stuff... Maybe bring a couple of loads to Michigan? Anyone...
There is some good stuff in this auction check it out if you havent!! :roll: :lol: :eek: :D :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of good parts trucks, and several ones better that deserve a second chance at life. That dumper ain't too bad, I've seen worse brought back from the dead. Just takes a special breed of MV enthusiast to bring it back.

Citizensoldier, make sure you save what you can!

citizensoldier

Save them ! Lets do it!

If I had mucho money I would buy all the military stuff... It reminds me of a patato farmer her in michigan that had about 20 M135's and M211's. They were auctioned off and a few guys saved a couple and the rest went to scrap!!! Sad to see them die that way...
Well the cheapest price so far is $1800.00 to haul my M51A2 home.. It would be nice to hook up with someone buying from this auction and had room for my 5 ton also. Would bring the cost down for both of us.
I am checking the funds to see if I can save anything. I keep hearing a echo. Is that a bad sign?? :wink:
Plus it about 1000 miles from there to my place... Maybe I should buy a 5 ton tractor and trailer? :shock:

citizensoldier

Let me know what you find out

They have some nice looking 715's and the other ambulance models. I am mainly interested in the M37 M43's they have. I plan on bidding. Set the account up today. Maybe we can work something out. Stay in touch
I would hate to see them get crushed or cut up... Sad... very sad.... :( :( :x

deuceman51

I'm going down there today to do the public inspection. I'll let you guys know what I find out. I'm going to bid on the GMC G749 series trucks like the dump truck and the truck tractors, the trailers, and the M37s. I know citizen soldier said he was interested in them too. I am planning on going for the green one with the front winch. I don't want to bump heads bidding against each other though. I'll let you know what I think of them and try and let you know what they are all missing. Will post later.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is how I found my baby 13 years ago.
1968 IH Loadstar with 1975 HIAB model 765A crane and it has never let me down (no pun intended). :)
I paid $3,900 for both as shown. Everything was operational.

I would be interested in comparing notes with the person winning it. In particular, the tag that shows the TM's is erased on mine.

BFR, do you have any trips planned? Nebraska, perhaps? :mrgreen:

Attachments

deuceman51

I took my camera there to get pics, found some really neat finds though. I will try and post the pics soon(tuesday hopefully). That place was huge. Over 60 Acres I walked for you guys scouting, lol. The only problems is almost everything there is pure junk, and I mean parted out, rusted, dinged up, junk. One lot (can't remember which) is listed as an international telephone main. truck. I knew when I saw it that it was a K43 WWII telephone maint. truck. I looked it over and sure enough it is. It isn't in too bad of shape, the winch was there and it was fairly complete, but there were many rust holes in the bed, but for a WWII guy it would probably be worth getting a rare truck like that. If I had the time I would go after it, but I have too many projects going. They have a Tank recovery truck painted red with a V12 engine in it and is chain driven. It is not a WWII M26 pacific, but I think it is made by pacific and is probably the post war series that followed. I found another international USMC WWII truck that I have never seen before, a parted out M55 5-ton long wheel base truck and a few CCKW that were made into construction vehicles. Sadly the guy was a prick to deal with and never sold anything, and all the locals I talked to said he was that way and there are a lot of people that have been waiting for this sale for a long time. I also have never seen so many M151 grills, windshields, seats, and good tires on rims. He also had tons upon tons onf M151 engines with trannys, some were sealed in foam shipping containers and waxpaper from the military, but the dumbass opened them up and just tossed them on the ground and some are missing a few parts and are getting rusty. Not a singe jeep frame though, just those parts and they were everywhere. He has piles and piles of military GP tents and canvas that sat outside so long there is nothing left. Makes me really mad to see that kind of waste. One old trailer was full of military decontamination fluid!!!, New in the crates, DS2. I have no idea what it is besides maybe NBC stuff, but i'll bet it causes cancer, lol. Another truck was packed full of MOPAR brand factory paint, but it's so old now that it's junk. I was pretty depressing to see it all. I can almost promise that every military truck was driven in there, but he parted them out so bad, they are just simply scrap now. You could tell though that they were really nice once. Most of the trucks are from the 50s including the M35s. All are pretty much missing engines, axle shafts, trannys, and other critical parts. I am not even sure if I'm going down there anymore. If I do i'm going after trailers mainly. Did meet another SS guy down there from the omaha area that deals with the M715s, had a really nice talk. I will get some pics out to you guys tomorrow night with what I saw and please feel free to ask any questions. I'm more than happy to help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks