• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chunked tire

Desert Rat

I had a cap peel on the M197A1 converter 10 miles from home. I gave my wife whom was following directly behind me a bit of a scare and it took a piece of the Interceptor grille with it! The guy behind her must have needed to change his shorts judging by the way he drove all over the road! Thank goodness no one was coming the other way. After we got home we looked and discovered 1/2 of the tread broke loose just like the above pic., from one side of the tire to the other.

m.walker

It sure wakes you up , I thought mine would at least be out of balance but it does't even shake . I wouldn't have known if I didn't hear it hit the bottom of the truck . I wonder if the fire department that had it before me didn't have something inside the tire to balance it , that's the only thing I can think of .

spicergear

What air pressure? I chunked a 1100x20 Goodyear Extra Grip on a hot day but it was because I was running too low an air pressure. Low pressure and heavy truck will build a LOT of tire heat and possibly cause seperation AND mine were not recaps.

Dieselsmoke

Luckily I've neveer had that problem with the big trucks, but have had chunks come off of them dang Uniroyal Laredo's that most of the 1009s have on them. I've had probably a dozen of them do that, and they weren't caps, they just don't like speeds over 60mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks