• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

813 and harvest time

poppop

Its watermelon time in Ga!!!!! Got some pictures of the 813 being loaded for a 25 mile run to deliver 400 watermelons. Its two o'clock in the afternoon and 95 degrees HOT!!!!!. I had promised delivery by Three and my guys are working hard. One picture shows the driver, my foremans wife. The picture is not clear but she is all smiles about having her picture taken. In the next shot she is all bussiness again. The driving job is much better than pitching watermelons but she does that to. I ran the truck over the scales to see what I had and it weighed in at 10,850 pounds of watermelon. She carried it down the road with no problem. The delivery was to a Minnionight, spelling wrong, store. On my first visit they expressed interest in the truck. On my second visit they told me they really liked my truck and a kid came out and took pictures of it. This visit was my third and they still talked about the truck.

OK, so I don't have this picture stuff down yet. More to follow when I figure out where the pictures went.

Its a new day and I found the pictures.

Attachments

m.walker

They seem to enjoy being loaded more than empty , nice to see them get used ! Cool ride man ! I run mine around with the air conditioning on too !
( windshields open )

Tom @ Snake River

Hauling produce with a 800 series

Two years ago, I purchased 2 M-812 bridge trucks, (18' frames) and mounted a 20' potato bed on it. Left the other origional to be a recovery truck. We load it up about 55,000 GVW and it handles it wonderfully. He haul potatoes, barley and wheat. Only paid $4,500 each laid in to eastern Idaho from S Dakota. Enjoyed your melon pictures. My web site www.snakeriver4x4.com check out the farm page. Tom

motorolanut

Cool Deal, like the use too.. Get a set of troop racks and stack em even higher. I use mine to haul firewood, quads and other do dads. Hope to see your mellons in a store sometime..lol

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those watermelons look huge! (and delicious) I like the pics of the truck in use. That's a cool truck.

poppop

I have the troop racks as well as bows and cover. I had them off and was sanding the truck to paint it. Its easier loading though with the low height so they don't have to throw them so high. Most melon field trucks have low sides like this. This load averaged 25.9 pounds per melon. I had a few this week that weighed 50 pounds.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see the old trucks being used. I was in your area last Tuesday and late Wednesday, sorry I missed you.
Wayne's dad grows watermellons and they were delicious!

M35A2

Lloyd,

Those are some nice looking mellons man. But I can see why your formans wife has got a smile on her face. I would too if I went to work and got to drive a truck like that. Does she whistle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks