• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inspection: Lansing, Mi.

4x4e350

M105A2 trailer, Event ID 5374, Lot # 5608.
I probably won't get my EUC approved for a few more months or longer, so if anyone happens to be in the area, just wondering what it may need to tow it home?

Preacherboy

Just to be safe, bring an air tank or compressor to air up the tires, or to be safer bring a spare and all the tools necessary to change a tire. Don't forget a jack and boards. If you want to tow it without the top and bows you will need a hammer and crowbar to get them off.

Then remember that these trailers are 24-volt so if towning behind a regular truck you will need 12 volt magnetic towning lights and the highest rise pintle hook receiver hitch you can find (the tongue on these things is 36" off the ground).

The last time I was in Lansing I saw all the m105's that where there, yours had to be one of them. They will probably make it back alright. Of course you could get a car hauling trailer and just strap it on and go, that would be safest.

4x4e350

You're a day too late. I was just on site recovering my 818 and mep003a.
Figures, my life story, a day late and a dollar short. I just turned in my first EUC about 2 weeks ago, so I think there is still plenty of time.

Just to be safe, bring an air tank or compressor to air up the tires, or to be safer bring a spare and all the tools necessary to change a tire. Don't forget a jack and boards. If you want to tow it without the top and bows you will need a hammer and crowbar to get them off.

Then remember that these trailers are 24-volt so if towning behind a regular truck you will need 12 volt magnetic towning lights and the highest rise pintle hook receiver hitch you can find (the tongue on these things is 36" off the ground).

The last time I was in Lansing I saw all the m105's that where there, yours had to be one of them. They will probably make it back alright. Of course you could get a car hauling trailer and just strap it on and go, that would be safest.
Thanks for the info.
I've read as much of the recovery threads about these as I could, and any additional info. is appreciated.
I already made the Pintle hitch receiver, I had to raise it about 12" to make a total of 36" from the ground, I will be towing the trailer with a E350 4x4 dually ex-ambulance, so the weight wont be an issue. I also purchased the magnetic towing lights from Harbor Freight, and found they were wired incorrectly as mentioned on another thread, so had to fix that.
The only thing I didn't consider is a spare. I have a 64 International Cabover I converted to 4x4 using a GM axle out of a M211. It is the usual 6 bolt, would anyone know if this is the same bolt pattern as the M105? I could borrow a rim and tire off it, if so.
I have a car hauling trailer already, I just didn't want to drag it down to Lansing if it wasn't necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks