• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Convoy Thread

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

The rally is drawing near and I don't think anyone knows exactly who is coming from where :p. Lets figure out who is coming from where and when! Just post up the info, and I will keep this original post updated. It should help everyone stay coordinated and get some convoys going.

Username - Leaving From - Vehicle - Estimated TOD

• SixSpeed - South Tampa - Ram 3500 - Wednesday Morning
  • JamesM - ????? - ???? - Undecided
  • Green_Gator - Tampa - M109 + M35 - Wednesday
  • Phil2968 and Rbeasley66 - M109 w/M105 + Jeep - Wednesday (Early)
  • Rayzer & Brenda - Sanford - Deuce w/105 - Wednesday (Early)
  • Revovry4x4 - Wildwood - M35 w/ Contact Maint. Trailer - Wednesday (Early)
  • Vinny-Socom1 & Family - Ocala - Sick Chevy Malibu - Friday (Early)
  • CessnaTwin - Seminole - ????? - Undecided
  • Redneck - seminole - M35??? - Undecided
  • PCTrans - Palmetto - Lowboy Full o' MVs - Wednesday? Maybe?!
  • TelevisionMan007 - Geneva - Undecided - Wednesday
  • Tow4 -
  • MDMorgan - Joining Convoy in Macon, GA - Wednesday Afternoon
Edit: It looks like we have enough people to set up a convoy location. Wildwood, FL is fairly central to everyone and is "on the way".

Possible Meeting Location

Possible Meeting Location to Rally Site

Google Maps says 6 hours 30 minutes from this location to the GA Rally site. Factor in slow lane speeds, and a couple stops and we would be look at 8 hours probably.

If we could LEAVE this location by 9AM it would put us at the really at around 5PM, leaving enough daylight to get situated up there. But we wouldn't want to leave much later than 9AM, so try to arrive on time and ready to go!

Last edited:

Green_gator

Jack,
The other guy is Mike who I sold my M35 to and he is a member but for the life of me can not remember his screen name. Looks like we could have an early Wednesday convoy with five vehicles at a minimum. You me and Mike leave from Tampa and link up with Phil then Rayzer around the Wildwood / Ocala area.

Jimma

Cessna Twin are you going to be coming up to Georgia with them? Guys talk him into it. He can drive that cool 5 ton hes got with the huge tires.

Jimma

As much as I hear about it, it must really be a p.o.s. So is redneck going to ride with you or drive his truck? Or are you going to tow him as well? I am leaving here with a group in a convoy from north Ga and NC on Thursday morning hopefully. I think there will be about 5 of us convoying together.

SixSpeed

Banned
Its just up I75. Its where the turnpike from Orlando meets I75.

That'd be good. Can pick up Green_Gator & Friends along the way as well.

I haven't heard anything from Stalker relating to the GA Rally, he is up that way too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks