• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 to 12Volt slave connector adapter!!!!!!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I was at a Special Operations show as an exhibitor this week. I saw the AB Connector Company.. They manufacture Slave cable plugs, sockets, slave cables, ect.. They just came out with a Slave cable plug that instead of having cables coming out, it has 2 each 12 volt cigarette lighter plugs. They put out 12V at 70 watts... Cost $350 each I traded the guy a $45 backpack that I sell for one... Not a bad trade or bad addition to the M998..

http://www.milbatteries.com/accessories/tt/SBORD.pdf

Jones

Nice looking set-up but way outta my wallet-range; but if you start stocking them, let us know.
For the baby HEMTT; I'm wiring a third battery, charged off of my 24v to 12v step-down converter into a fused terminal block to driver's side and pass. side "cigar lighter" outlets and one additional heavy-duty outlet at my outside slave cable socket station.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is any interest in a "point of load" 24 to 12 volt converter, this is what I can offer (upper unit in image).
Its good for 36 watts and is fully encapsulated, waterproof and with packard connectors.
I have had my prototype working for about a year now and it powers the CB and other 12 volt devices nicely.

Haven't set the cost yet, will depend on number of requests, but because of the encapsulant and heat sink cost, probably about $40.00/ea

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks