• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat transmission

jmhulsey

I have what i a zero mile goat transmission that i am wanting to put in a jeep. I dont know the shift pattern or how well the system works, ease of shifting. I have a traditional stick shift top cover i could use but am interested in the origional. I am ignorent as to its opperation. Any information, or pictures with the levers would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

jmhulsey

Thanks alot for the pictures. That does help. Wow that looks pretty complicated. By the way it looks, the linkage on the passenger side handles 1st, 2nd, the one one the top, 3rd,4th. What about reverse? Any idea where i could get the 2 splined arms that bolts to the transmission, or the whole linkage system prefered? If i decided to go with a traditional style transmission, what would a new goat transmission go for? I purchased it a year ago because i had never seen a new one with cosmoline bolted to metal crate.

Last edited:

goat whisperer

The handle on top is for 1-4 gear, the one on passenger side ist for reverse...
I do have the arms and bolts, perhaps the whole system... but to return them to the USA would be quite expensive, $ 45,-
You better try to get them in USA...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks