• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dead Storage

crasheej

And there getting more every day. I guess when the crap hits the fan that will be place that the navy, air force will get their replacement's.

xm708

scrap metal value

What do you suppose all the aluminum in that yard is worth at the scrap yard ? Maybe get this country out of a little debt but of course somebody in DC will get us right back in the hole. Just a thought...

FrankUSMC

I work at a rebuild facility that mainly rebuilds Marine aircraft. Last year we got in several CH53s from there. They were in sadd shape and had to go though complete rebuilds. The shops did a great job and they were done ahead of time.
They looked very sad when they got here.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

nkawtg

A lot of those Buffs were cut up....not sure how many are left. Even the F16As are now being converted to drones.........seems they are running out of F-4s :sad:.

Very few aircraft make it out of DM alive........and no, FMS does not count as making out out alive, I'd rather seen them smelted than go to Pakistan or the like!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks