• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m819 trip to va.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hi guys, i plan to drive the m819 with my pu in tow to va. from ga. the 4th weekend, id like to get some phone numbers of ss troops along the way in case of trouble, im going I 985, I 85, I 77, I 77, I 81, I 66, if you could help if things turn bad could you pm me your phone number, god willing i wont need then but it never hurts to have plan b,c,d, ect., thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you make a wrong turn and end up near West Palm Beach my number is...........................

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right Ron, anywhere on the I-77, I-81 to the I-66, I'm within an hour to a few hours. 540 593-2001
(If you are talking about the 4th weekend of July, I may be on my way to Calif, though)

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thanks Bjorn, im talking about this weekend, the forth of july, i plan to leave sunday evening from ga.

thanks also Jeff

TacticalTruck

Drive safe Ron. If you need fuel money I have a M172 that needs to go to Winslows in NC and there's a deuce there that needs to find it's way home to Ga for Clint.
Jeff

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well guys it looks like the va. trip may be off, ill know more tomorrow, while i was under the truck pulling the rear driveline and at the same time checking out the the reast of the underneath, i spoted the front, upper torque arm had pulled away from the bolt at the frame mount, this must have happened on the last outing which was to joels (bfr) in the middle of feb.,

in order to fix this the right tires, the spring hanger bolts, the walking beam all need to be pulled to get to the frame mount, ill start tomorrow morning early, if i can get this done tomorrow ,ill do the va. trip tomorrow nite ( may be late)

just glad i cought it

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well the trip is off, finaly got down to the upper tourque arm frame mount , tires, spring stifferner and u bolts are off, this took to 1330 today from 0900 yesterday, fighting everything as it went even broke a thimble (had to cut it off)and two 3/4 extensons useing a 8' cheater getting the tires off then had to heat the hell out of the spring hanger nuts, since the 819 wasent going to va. i said the hell with it and packed it up, the truck isnt going anywhere, ill get it the next time im down in ga.,

thank you guys for the numbers and the support, just glad i cought this before the road trip, this would have been a real disaster on the road, thanks again

with all the problems encountered to get the 819 up for the va. trip, i beleave that god was trying to tell me "dont take the 819 to va." and i do listen to higher authority like my wife and god.

Hookin1

[quote=" and i do listen to higher authority like my wife and god.[/quote]

:funny:

Glad you caught it too....would really suck to find out the hard way.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks