• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diesel ATVs, are there any military ones?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a military ATV or a military diesel ATV?

Just thinking about it.. I got a Yamaha Wolverine - a good unit, 4x4, narrow compared to many so it can go places, mostly an appropriate color etc. Even has a PRC-77 mounted on it and it beats those ham radios in the woods no question. I've been considering putting a VRC-12 type antenna on it. I could take down the masts and just use the radio's whip when moving, and use the big one when necessary.

-But I'd like a diesel one, and a military one to boot. I only have room for one machine of this type. I'd want it enough to sell the Wolverine, as much as I like it.

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diesel UTVs are common, but I personally have not seen a diesel ATV. The diesel UTVs I've seen are much larder than what you have pictured, I'm not sure there's a diesel ATV/UTV out there that's as small /light as the (350 or so?) ATV you already have.

nosliw

Polaris made a diesel quad years ago. The only other manufacturer I can think of that's "currently" producing a diesel quad is Arctic Cat.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did see a diesel Polaris years ago. I believe it was being pushed on the logging industry. I don't think they have sold it in many years and I don't know who made the engine. The closest I know of is the John Deere M-Gator. These are equipped with a Yanmar diesel. They are now being surplused out and sold on GL, as the military upgrades to the M-GatorA1, which has a larger engine and some other improvements. The ones I've seen at auction have gone for rather large sums.

T

televisionman007

polaris make a military 750 with front and rear winch and selective 4 wheel drive. it wasnt diesel but it sure got me where i wanted to go. I loved it untill someone stole it. owell i still have the memories:evil:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Navy lake site in Atlanta uses Kawasaki Mules which are either gas or diesel. I have seen several Army John Deere Gators in Pakistan which were diesel. Our squadron just ordered two more fully loaded Yamaha Rhinos-they are gas though.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do believe that a couple years ago Polaris was making a Diesel ATV, I do know that Kawasaki was building a diesel motorcycle for the Army which was the same reason Polaris was building the ATV for, Now I do not know if these are still offered my the MFG but to maby at least get you looking in the right direction Good Luck!
Karl

Monty

Curantly the only company making a Diesel ATV is Kawasaki that I know of.

Gander Mountain a competitor of Cabela's has them on there show room for sale.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curantly the only company making a Diesel ATV is Kawasaki that I know of.

Gander Mountain a competitor of Cabela's has them on there show room for sale.
JD is still supplying them for the military. I have some to deliver to MacDill AFB next week.I

TehTDK

The danish armed forces are using Polaris Sportsman 500's as ATV's. But whether they are petrol or diesel powered I don't actually know. But those we got are 6 wheelers with AWD on demand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks