• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Export: Military Wrangler

Crazyguyla

Over here in Iraq, I came across what was left of a Jeep Wragler in bone yard.(this bone yard has a lot of interesting things) It looks like a CJ8 with a wrangler front clip. I don't know the exact year since the VIN is missing(late 80's). Here are the particulars that I'm wondering about. It has a Carburated I6, 258? There is no EGR valve on the intake, just a blank space. Casting number on the block AY, then EF3235444, and JDFW. Casting on the exh manifold 11 28 88 and 3237096-2AB. The engine turns freely (it's sitting in the back of the jeep. Is there anything special on this engine? Did Jeep use the same flywheel between the 258 and the 4.0l engines? The flywheel has the teeth in the rim for the CPS pickup. Is this a RENIX flywheel? Did Jeep export the 258 after 1990 Finally, the transfer case is of Japanese Manufacture. Here is the info off the tag: Kanda Iron Works, Hiroshima Japan, 8953 005 220? Would this transfer be worth snagging for use in an American application? The trannsmission is the POS BA10/5.

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
looks like a YJL to me (long wheel base YJ built in Egypt meant for military use)

IMO the tub/frame is the only thing of value, the rest of it is essentially 86-95 wrangler w/o emissions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks