• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

busted garwood

EDIPLUS

I have a 71 kaiser m35 with a Garwood 10k winch and the driver side winch housing has a 2" hole in the bottom. Can you help ? Do I weld it up, or look for another housing?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is nixa,mol ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of the damage? I am guessing replacement might be easier and better.

One way to try to find the part is, to find the NSN number in the -20P TM. Then Google the part number. Maybe someone here will have one available.

Do you know Stan, in Mo? He may have a lead on a local parts source.

I fixed your state initials.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple questions:

Does the winch still work in its current form?

Did something EXIT the hole that caused the problem?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see three things that could have happened. 1) water got in there and froze. 2) You hit something and made the hole. 3) the winch was overloaded.

If it's one or two, you may can weld it up and be ok if the winch works otherwise.

If it's number three, You more than likely have other problems and you need to remove the bolt that was used for a shear pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks