• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V-100 6x6 variant?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had these pictures saved on my computer for years. Does anyone here own this thing? What is it? Never seen a 6x6 version of the V-100 before....

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike!!! popacom / BILL in Ky. here. Where did the pics originate from? it looks to me like
a Cad. Gage V-300 maybe a prortotype since it has the open top kinda like the V-100 variant the Air Force used for airbase securirty. All I Know for sure is...............I WISH IT WAS MINE!!!!LOL

Thanks!!! popacom / BILL in KY.:jumpin:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I understand it correctly, it is a Cadillac Gage V-600 that was a prototype for the Marine LAV program (won by the LAV-25 et al).

I don't really know the difference between a V-300 and V-600, they look very similar. Maybe B3.3T can enlighten us there?

It is in Texas now, awaiting restoration. It is manky condition, but definitely fixable. The suspension has hydraulics that raise/lower the vehicle, it is deflated in the pictures, when running it would be less hunkered down.
I don't believe the owner is on SS.
That large slot around the upper front takes several (5?) periscopes for drivers forward/side visibility.
The turret in my pic is not the original one, but fits the ring.

Cheers

PS- Looks like Popacom was posting while I was digging up my pictures..:-D

I added one of the interior, and one of what I believe is a V-300, which would give an idea of what this one will look like restored.

Attachments

Last edited:

wehring

That was mine.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. It was mine. Sad to say that it has moved on to another owner. It was a prototype Cadillac Gage V600.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The slot for the periscopes looks a lot like a 6x6 variant of this thing we discussed in years past:
And I still bow respectfully in your general direction for identifying that 8x8 so quickly!

Justin, rest assured the new owner will do a splendid job fixing it up, he is talented at such things.

Cheers

wehring

I know Ernie

I know Ernie and I expected more effort from him since it is truly a 1 of 1 machine. It has sat for 5 years since he bought it. I hope he does not let it go too far down hill to be brought back. I called him last year to try and buy it back. I now have the time and resources to get it going.

It has disc brakes, CTIS, independant suspension at all 6 tires, a jazzy cross drive system that lets the engine and trans sit side-by-side. SEVERAL really great ideas were built into this machine that are "better" that it's predecessors.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Elwenil

And I still bow respectfully in your general direction for identifying that 8x8 so quickly!

Justin, rest assured the new owner will do a splendid job fixing it up, he is talented at such things.

Cheers
Lol, I can take very little credit. It was just some careful manipulation of Google. :mrgreen:

See if the owner is interested in documenting the build with a thread here. It would be great to see and read about and showing it off would probably be good for the ego and making the bills seem worth it. 8)

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two V100s you mention are missing a few parts but would make fairly easy restorations since the vast majority of the work is done.

B3.3T

It depends of course on condition; USAF model in MD for sale at $25K, rough, or a fully restored Army model. These go for $100k+ depending upon accessories.

Here are some other oddities someone may have the answer to-

These were at Cad Gage several years ago. Is one of these the same as the vehicle shown above? Are they V-300s or V-600s?

Elwenil

The second pic appears to be the same type of vehicle in the top post in this thread. Maybe even the same one, lol.

The first pic appears to be a prototype also, possibly a predecessor to the Stryker M1128 MGS design judging by the barrel support but the turret appears to be missing. Any more pics of the first one? I'd like a look of the top of it if possible.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The second pic appears to be the same type of vehicle in the top post in this thread. Maybe even the same one, lol.
Agreed. From my preliminary "rust patch matching" technique (hey, it works on whales, why not MV's??:-D), they do appear to be the same one. When I get home from work I will go through the rest of my pictures and see if I have one that is closer to the same angle to compare.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I am thinking that pic #1 is the fellow in the attached picture. It was listed as a V600 with 105mm gun on whatever site I pilfered it from at some point in the past. (Borrowed? Yes that sounds better).

Cheers

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the same type to me.

Also pic 1 IS EXACTLY the same unit as I posted in the first post. The rust/paint spots match exactly.

Last edited:

Elwenil

Okay, I am thinking that pic #1 is the fellow in the attached picture. It was listed as a V600 with 105mm gun on whatever site I pilfered it from at some point in the past. (Borrowed? Yes that sounds better).

Cheers

Yup that's it. Same gun support, same little window on the side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks