• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locating Parts w/ Manufacturer and NSN

paradeduty

I'm beginning the restoration of a truck and I was wondering if any of our vendors out there use the NSN (National Stock Number) to reference their stock. I'm probably going to be looking for some specific items (the first one I have tracked down is a Bendix Air Dryer/Evaporator, NSN 2530012224590) that I am in need of. I know that some have been surplussed out at GL within the last year or so, but who know to who or if they even made it onto a shelf somewhere or if they got round-filed (kind of doubt it since they are not small and easily missed). Anyways, just wondering if this route is more of a waste of time. Does anyone use this info outside the military? Thanks, Dave.

Chief_919

2530012224590 would be a Bendix 286930, 289008 or 289008N. You should be able to use the Bendix #'s and find them easily.

paradeduty

I thought so - I saw the "part numbers" that you listed, but they were (2 out of 3) the same as the "part number" listed in my TM's and I wasn't sure if they were a FED number or a Bendix number. Thanks, Dave.

paradeduty

Also, I guess part of me would much rather send some dollars to some of the guys here than over the parts counter if I can. I know that's tough when your talking about a specific part, but I thought it was worth a shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks