• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 hood numbers

Swimallday

Can anyone give me some guidance on this? My A1 was delivered in Sept '53 and is serial # 57468. Realizing this isn't an exact science, I want the hood number to at least be in the right ballpark. Many thanks if anyone knows.

Ed

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is 7/53, s/n 51130, USA2985747. You could add the difference in s/n to the USA number and have something workable. You might ask over at G503 if anyone is running a database for M38A1s.

Amer-team

Mine is 12/53, Serial number 68014, with a hood number of 20997729. Seems like the hood number is long, but it is an original vehicle with Vietnam era adhesive numbers applied.
US ARMY is centered above the hood number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks