• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

treasure chest

gishane

so cleaning out the 42 and found a bunch of goodies under the seat ,tire chains,u-joints,fuel pumps,hand crank for engine,and some kind of air brake/linelock devise.
fixed the exhaust leat and horn ,and took her to local car show WOWed them ,

think Ill commute to work monday .. look out I405.

paulfarber

OF COURSE!!! The engine crank to! Did it also have the bumper bracket? Those things need repro'd as there are none.

I would like to see the fuel pump as the AC type F fuel pump on the CCKW is unique. Even better if it was the 6 valve late war pump... those are hard to find in good shape. I'd pay $100 easy for a rebuildable CCKW fuel pump.

gishane

well ok then

So now I know Ill take some pics tomorrow , the bracket is still on the bumper ,
and I hope the fuel pumps are the right ones because I got 3 or 4 of them ...

Ill keep you posted.

"where ever you go ,there you are"

paulfarber

If the crank bracket is welded on the easiest way to tell if its an original issued part is that the originals had two ears bent at 90 deg to keep it seated in the bumper holes. So if you can, look under the bumper for those ears.

It'll take a fuel pump if you can send me pics. I need all 4 sides and from the top. Price will depend on condition. There were some steel parts that can rust and make repair a pita.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks